Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Tuesay Cleaning Tips--The Microwave

Good morning. Here are some tips for cleaning your microwave and keeping it smelling fresh.

Microwave Filth: Food splatters all over the inside of your microwave and cooks itself on after time. To easily remove this mess, place a sponge soaked in water or just a dish filled with 1/2 cup water in the microwave. Cook on high heat for 2 minutes. The filth is now ready to be wiped right off - no scrubbing!

You can also used vinegar to clean the microwave. Boil a solution of 1/4 cup of white distilled vinegar and 1 cup of water in the microwave. Will loosen splattered on food and deodorize.

Microwave Odors: Keep a cup of baking soda in the microwave between uses to keep potatoes from smelling like bacon or other unusual combinations!

Well, it's Tuesday...blah! Or as Rylie likes to say "boooooring". I don't know where she picked up that word. It's funny how kids learn words and use them. Rylie will us the word "boring" when I tell her to do something she doesn't like or why something needs to be done. So since I don't care for Tuesdays, let's just say it's boring. Which it is. At least Mondays are the beginning of a new week. Wednesdays are the "over the hump" day. Thursdays are a little more fun since the following day, Friday, is the beginning of the weekend. Saturdays and Sundays have always been good because they are "the weekend". Which means Tuesdays are just plain ol' "booooring". LOL

Well, I've got to go. I need to finish another letter to David so I can get it sent out today. I need to go and find some neat little things online, that I can print out, and send to him.

Have a great "boooring" Tuesday!
Jill Marie

3 comments:

swmpgrly said...

ill be trying the microwave tip today...lol

Bill said...

Jill Marie, Our microwave always looks terrible. I showed your hint to Libby who says she will give it a try. Please tell David I said Hello from one old Vet to another New Vet. I know what he is going through. I went through AIT once also.
My Regards, Bill

*Tracy* said...

i hate a dirty microwave and hate cleaning it even more! im having a boring tuesday as well. i hope your day is going good. hugs