Monday, December 15, 2008

Chicken recipes and I hope it's not true about bad luck coming in 3's

Good Morning! I was reading and found some yummy sounding recipes for chicken from Tyson. Of course, if you're like me...cheap, that is...you won't just use Tyson Chicken, but whatever you can find that is on sale.

CARMELIZED ONION & GARLIC CHICKEN
4 Tyson® Fresh Split Chicken Breasts with Ribs or 4 Tyson® IFF Chicken Half Breasts
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 medium onions, sliced
6 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar

1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Spray 12 x 8-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium-low. Add onion and garlic. Cook and stir 6 to 8 minutes or until soft. Stir in sugar and vinegar until dissolved. Cook and stir 7 to 9 minutes or until liquid evaporates. Remove from heat.
2. Wash hands. Place chicken, bone side down, in baking dish. Wash hands. Spread onion mixture evenly over chicken. Cover loosely with foil. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until done (internal temp 180°F).

BROWN SUGAR-RUBBED CHICKEN

4 Tyson® Fresh Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts or 4 Tyson® IFF Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts with Rib Meat
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon paprika
2 teaspoons onion powder
1-1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon chili powder

1. Preheat grill to medium-high. Combine sugar and spices in a resealable plastic bag. Wash hands. Add chicken to bag, one piece at a time, shaking to coat. Transfer to plate. Spray on both sides with nonstick cooking spray. Wash hands.
2. Grill chicken, turning frequently to avoid burning sugar, 10 to 12 minutes or until done (internal temp 170°F).

Serving Suggestion: Serve chicken with corn bread, coleslaw and barbecue sauce for dipping. Refrigerate leftovers.

Tip: To substitute Tyson Individually Fresh Frozen® Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, rinse off ice glaze and pat dry before placing in bag with spices and increase cooking time by about one-third.

Serving Suggestion: Serve with steamed broccoli and parsleyed potatoes. Refrigerate leftovers.

Tip: To substitute Tyson Individually Fresh Frozen® Chicken Half Breasts, simply rinse off ice glaze and increase cooking time by about one-third. Boneless, skinless breasts may also be used for this recipe.

CHICKEN BREAST SUPREME

4 Tyson® Fresh Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1-1/2 tablespoons butter or 1-1/2 tablespoons margarine
3 tablespoons green onion, chopped or 3 tablespoons fresh chives
1/2 lemon, juice only
3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard

1. Wash hands. Flatten chicken breasts to 1/4-inch thickness. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Wash hands.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon each oil and butter in a large nonstick skillet to high. Cook chicken 4 minutes per side or until done (internal temp 170°F). Remove chicken to serving platter; keep warm.
3. Add green onions, lemon juice, parsley and mustard to skillet; cook and stir 15 seconds. Add chicken broth and stir until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in remaining butter.

Serving Suggestion: Pour sauce over chicken. Garnish with lemon wedges and sprigs of fresh parsley. Serve with wild rice or rice pilaf, sautéed yellow squash and steamed green beans. Refrigerate leftovers.

Let's see what else is going on around here? Oh, that's right. Yesterday I had to take Rylie to get her hair cut. Not that her father, or I, wanted her hair cut. However, when a 4 year old takes scissors off my desk and cuts her hair on her own...well, there wasn't much choice in the matter. Luckily, it wasn't too bad. The woman suggested we take about an inch and a half off the length and then blend the shorter areas in with it.

It looks nice actually. Rylie definitely has my hair, pin straight and extremely fine. This new cut seems to give her hair a wee bit of body. (Dang, my fingers are dyslexic this morning. I have to keep backspacing and fixing everything.)

I am just about done with all the Christmas shopping. I still have a few gifts to get for the exchange at my Mom's Christmas. However, that isn't until the 27th...so I may even wait to pick them up on the 26th...yes, I am cheap...so what? LOL

Let's see what else...oh, my car. As Rylie keeps saying "Poor Mommy, her car got hit." Yep, it was snowing on Friday evening and I went over to Samantha's house, parked my car in front and went shopping with her. We got back and my car had a big ole dent in the driver side door. Luckily for me, it was a driver with insurance. It was an older woman who had been at her son's house across the street. When she pulled out she hit my car. They knocked on Sammi's door but we weren't there so she told her son to have me call her.

I felt bad for her because she kept apologizing and saying what a stupid thing it was and all. Saturday morning she called back and let me know that the insurance company would give me a call. I talked to them and then took it to our car place and they told us how much it would be. Whew! Thank goodness she has insurance. I'm waiting to hear back from the insurance company about the claim and find out when I can take it in to get fixed. I hope it is soon, because it is a real pain to try to get that door opened.

So there is Rylie's hair...1st piece of bad luck. Then my car...number 2. I hope that old wives tale about bad luck coming in 3's isn't true.

Oh, Sugar Shack! I just realized that the notebook I've been using to keep track of Christmas gifts I've bought and recently mis-placed...is the one where I wrote the claim number! Dang! I've got to find that notebook. It has to be around here some where. I hope...

Well, I am off on a scavenger hunt, I guess. Have a great day!
Jill Marie

4 comments:

Sugar said...

notebook, claim number???
whatcha talking about...
huggies
Sugar at the Sugar Shack

Sage Ravenwood said...

I just realized myself that you substitute Sugar for another unrefined word (winks)..

Skye has done the scissor thing. She was only 3-4 at the time and decided to tape it back in. In her favor it worked until I had to brush her hair and came away with a huge chunk of hair. Then I realized it had tape on the end. At the time she had super curly hair (even if it was fine like mine) and the cut didn't look too bad.

Your in my thoughts dear one..I'm almost back to normal in my household...whoo...finally. (Hugs)Indigo

~Rebecca Anne~ said...

I saw, go against the flow of the wives tale of 3's. Make number 3 something really really good. Like, go buy a lottery ticket. Win the jackpot. Then write a book about how you kicked the system~~

I wonder, if there's a childhood that actually gets away with not cutting of ones hair. The impulse is just so divine...I did it, both my daughters did it.....

Have a beautiful week, and don't forget to buck the system of 3!

*Tracy* said...

i bet your daughters hair looks real pretty! i hope you have a good week and no more bad stuff. hugs