Thursday, December 4, 2008

Home Remedy--Conditioning Hair

Good Morning and Happy Thursday (Yea! it's almost Friday-Day). Here are a few tips for those who have dry and/or damaged hair.

Condition Hair

Use a can of beer to condition hair.

Cool whip will condition your hair in 15 minutes. (Good to know if you ever get involved in a cool whip fight. I'd rather eat it that cover my hair with it.)

Mayonnaise will condition your hair; it will also (allegedly) kill lice. (Thank goodness I haven't had to try it for that second use...yet...knock wood. "thump-thump")

Olive oil or coconut oil are really good for conditioning extremely dry or damaged hair. You will want to use an amount that depends on how thin or thick your hair is and how dry it is. You can leave on your hair from 5-15 minutes and some people even leave the coconut oil on overnight.

A nourishing conditioner for dry or damaged hair which can be used for all hair types: Separate the white of an egg from the yolk, whip it to a peak. Add 1 Tbs. water to the yolk and blend until the mixture is creamy. Then mix the white and yolk together. Wet your hair with warm water, remove the excess moisture, and apply the mixture to your scalp with your fingertips. Massage gently until the froth is worked into your scalp, then rinse the hair with cool water. Keep applying the mixture until it is used up and then rinsed until all of the egg is washed away.

I have a friend that moved to Hawaii several years back. The wind, sun and salt water did a real number on her hair. Finally, someone told her to use olive oil to deep condition her hair. She said it worked wonders for her. Well, I have thin and really fine hair, but in the summer it gets really dry, so I tried it and it does work very well. I would just say that if you have hair like mine, you might want to do this the night before and just leave it on a few minutes. Then next morning shampoo your hair as usual. It does leave my hair a wee bit "oily" feeling and looking immediately after using it. (Duh Jill...it's OIL! lol)

I can't believe I have so much of my Christmas shopping done already. WhooHoo! Now it is mainly finding something for the boys (mine and the girls significant others) and stocking stuffers. Unless I decide what I got for the girls is all wrong...I'm thinking about doing a few returns...we'll see.

Well, I've got to get going. I want to get some things done before the wee one wakes up.
Have a blessed day!
Jill Marie