Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Homemade Glass Cleaner

Good Morning! I thought since I was making my own laundry detergent I would look for some other cleaning "recipes". Here are a few that I found for making your own glass cleaner.

Home Made Glass Cleaner
1 cup rubbing alcohol, 1 cup water, 1 tablespoon vinegar
OR for non toxic glass cleaner you can try the following
one fourth cup vinegar to one quart of water (one tablespoon of corn starch is optional)
OR
one cup vinegar to five cups of water
OR
one eighth cup vinegar to one cup of water or
OR
one half cup vinegar to one gallon water.
OR
You can also do a mixture of one cup vinegar to one cup of water with a few drops of lemon juice mixed in.
OR
1/2 TSP Liquid Castile Soap, 2 C Water, 1/4 C White Vinegar, Essential Oils (optional)

Re-use your old spray bottle for your homemade cleaner.

BTW...It's the day before the night before Christmas and I'm being really, really good. LOL Any other ole farts out there that remember that song?

Well, I ended up taking Rylie to the ER yesterday. Her doctor isn't IN this week...grrrr. She was doing ok, but she went to take a drink of room temperature 7UP and within minutes she was tossing her cookies again. Except she didn't have anything in her tummy to toss. Poor baby.

I got worried that if she just kept throwing up and couldn't even keep liquids down that she would get dehydrated real quickly. She even started to throw up while they were doing the initial check of her vitals, but there was absolutely nothing in her tummy. First, the doctor gave her a dose of zofron and then gave her a popsicle to see if she could keep it down. If she hadn't, then they were talking about giving her an IV. Thank God she was able to eat that lil' green popsicle without puking. Basically, they diagnosed her with "acute gastritis", gave us a prescription for zofron (expensive chit!) and sent us home.

She slept almost all day. She was awake for little spurts here and there. She may have been awake for a grand total of 7 hours and that includes the 3 hours in the ER. Poor thing was just so lethargic, it was just pitiful and broke my heart to see her that way. Then about 8 pm, or so, I realized that she had only tinkled once all day long. She had drank a few sips of soda here and there, but I couldn't get her to drink much at all. Finally, I got her to drink a few more sips of soda and eat a popsicle and she peed a lil' bit.

If I can keep getting the liquids into her and keep her tinkling, keep her fever down and she doesn't throw up...we may be good. I hope. She has waited so long for Santa to come and visit, I just hope she gets over this quickly and is able to enjoy the day. Right now she is just miserable and I feel terrible for her. I'll be sitting there rocking her and she will start mumbling in her sleep and I know she is in pain and feels just awful and then I feel the tears welling up in my eyes. It's hard when your child feels so bad and there is nothing much you can do to help.

BTW...I wanted to post a picture of David when we first saw him, but my luck ran the same as usual. When we spotted him coming down the stairs...my camera battery was dead. So no picture. Aw well, at least he is home. He does still have some visual reminders of his "clinch drill" two weeks ago. A fading black eye. The clinch is when they had to go 4 one minute rounds with, I think it was berets or something. They could only defend themselves. Sheesh...the craziness they go through. But David is really loving it and talks well of the group of guys he is working with. Most of them anyway...you know there are always a few who thought it would be easy and they don't work as hard and end up getting the whole group in trouble.

But my baby is home and the whole family will be together for Christmas. (Hopefully, everyone will be healthy too.)
Well, I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to get back on here again, so I want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas. Stay warm and safe.

Hugs!
Jill Marie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY JILL MY SON IS HOME FROM BOOT CAMP FOR TWO WEEKS ALSO .. HES AT FORT LENARDWOOD MISSOURI, HES GOING TO BE AN MP.. HE GRADUATES APRIL 9TH... HOPE YOUAL LHAVE A GREAT HOLIDAY.. AND KNOW YOU ALL ARE IN OUR THOUGHTS!!!

*Tracy* said...

awwww sorry to hear your daughters still sick! hopefully she'll be good as new by tomm. have a good day. hugs