Monday, April 27, 2009

Salsa Pizza Recipe

Good Monday Morning! I hope ya'll had as beautiful of a weekend as we did around here. Here's a tasty sounding pizza recipe from good ole Betty Crocker.

Salsa Pizza with Cheese Crust
1 pound lean ground beef
1 1/4 cups Old El Paso® Thick 'n Chunky salsa
2 cups Original Bisquick® mix
1/4 cup mild salsa-flavor or jalapeño-flavor process cheese spread
1/4 cup hot water
4 medium green onions, sliced (1/2 cup)
1 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese (4 ounces)

1. Heat oven to 375ºF. Grease large cookie sheet.
2. Cook beef in 10-inch skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until brown; drain. Stir in salsa; remove from heat.
3. Stir Bisquick, cheese spread and hot water until soft dough forms. Turn dough onto surface dusted with Bisquick; roll in Bisquick to coat. Shape into ball; knead 5 times. Roll into 14-inch circle; place on cookie sheet.
4. Spread beef mixture over crust to within 2 inches of edge. Sprinkle with onions. Fold edge over till it meets the beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
5. Bake 25 to 28 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.

Serve With-Garnish the pizza with chopped tomato and shredded lettuce.
Substitution-Use the jalapeño-flavor process cheese spread if you prefer a spicier crust.

Anyone else thinking the same thing as I was after reading that recipe? Like adding some cheese to the crust before folding it over? Or I also though about just making the crust, cutting it into squares and folding it over cut up pieces of string cheese, or some other yummy centers, baking and serving as appetizers or hor d'oeurves (sp). Along with some dipping sauce...Mmmm.

Well, as I already said, it was a beautiful weekend here and I made the most of it. I went and got some good top soil and cow manure and worked them into my vegetable garden. I also expanded the garden by about 4-5 feet. I may have to add some more footage though. Last year my garden was so crowded and I want to try planting even more this year. Having fresh veggies right outside our door was just wonderful. I can't wait to start planting and then harvesting. Yum!

Have a beautiful week!
Hugs,
Jill Marie

No comments: