Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Tuesday cleaning tip

Well, spring is upon us and if you're anything like me, that means the cleaning bug is going to hit you. When I clean I tend to move furniture and change everything around. Which means there will be flat spots on the carpet from heavy pieces of furniture. So here's a quick little tip to deal with those flat spots.

Smashed Down Carpet: To make the carpet stand back up after moving a piece of furniture, place an ice cube on the spot. As it melts, the piles will go back up.

Actually, the carpet in our home is at least 30 years old and it's pretty flat all over, lol. The only way to make it look only 25 years old is for me to steam clean the entire carpet. Which reminds me, it's about that time again.

The weather this week is suppose to be pretty yucky, so I might just clean the carpets and give the house a real good cleaning. Friday and Saturday it is suppose to be up in the 70's, so if I get the house good and clean I can play outside and not feel too guilty.

I had so much fun playing in the gardens last weekend. It was beautiful outside and I was able to get all the flower beds cleaned up and mulched. Samantha gave me some pavers and I used those to make a pathway through the garden. This weekend I'm hoping to get the vegetable garden prepped. I also want to put some stakes and chicken wire up for the beans and cukes to grow up on.

Just a few more weeks, some steady warm weather and I'll be able to start planting seeds. Yipee! Last year I the only thing I didn't have luck with was the lettuce seeds, so I don't think I'll try those again. I did buy some green bean and carrot seeds and am hoping I'll be able to get those to grow. I'll plant those along with the cukes, zucchini, squash, tomatoes and melons (they were mini melons and very yummy). And of course, I have to decide if I want to use some of the space for Rylie to grow her own pumpkins.

Well, I've got some laundry to finish up and cleaning to get started.
Have a great day!
Hugs,
Jill Marie

1 comment:

Sage Ravenwood said...

I haven't quite been bit by the cleaning bug yet...but soon. It's gotten warm enough to open the windows and air the house out at least. (Hugs)Indigo