Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Cleaning tip -- Deoderize kitchen sink

Good Morning Ya'll! Here is a quick tip to help keep away some kitchen odor.

To deodorize the kitchen drain: Pour a cup of white distilled vinegar down the drain once a week. Let stand 30 minutes and then flush with cold water.

We also have a garbage disposal and when ever I have lemon (and lime) rinds I throw them in to run through. They give it a really clean scent. I also occasionally throw a handful of ice cube in there to help sharpen the blades.

Now, get out there today and...
VOTE Have you ever heard anyone say that they are not going to vote because their vote doesn't make a difference? Or they don't like either one of the candidates? Or they just aren't registered? Oh my gosh! I can't tell you how much those type of statements annoy me. To be honest, I actually lose a bit of respect for people. In my mind, their IQ just dropped a couple of points. Sorry, but that's the way I feel.

People will say this stuff and yet they don't have a problem complaining about the government or telling you what is wrong with the economy and what should be done about it. Well, this is your ONE time that you, along with millions of other Americans, can actually voice your opinion with a vote. Other than organizing groups of people and going to protest in Washington DC, this is the one time every four years that you can try to make your voice heard. And if it is the same as the majority of this country, your candidate will run the country for the next four years.

My biggest pet peeve when it comes to this is people who are not registered to vote. Are ya frickin' crazy?! Our forefathers fought and died for you to have that right! Our brothers and sons still fight and die to give others that same right. Yet there are actually millions of people who are not registered to vote. It blows my mind away.

I was talking to my 20 year old daughter the other day and found out that she was not registered to vote. I was stunned and a bit disappointed. I actually wanted to ground her, shake some sense into her, something, anything. Then I found out that Ray's oldest daughter isn't registered either, along with many other family members. Oh mah gosh! What the F?! Are they all just that passive? Or are they really that ignorant when it comes to this?

Kids will bug you, and bug you when they approach the driving age about getting them that drivers permit. I don't know, perhaps because it gives them a sense of freedom and Independence? Well, I think that more and more parents should take their children down to get registered to vote the day they turn 18. I know I wish I had. One of the greatest freedom's we have is to vote, and yet so many people just tinkle it away.

Yesterday on the news they were showing the line for early voting. I live in Ohio. It was looooong. Some people had to wait anywhere from an hour to two hours to vote. That is the difference in people I guess. Some will wait for hours to exercise their right to vote and some won't even take the 5 minutes to register.

We are making a day of it today. Ray and I are going to go and vote together and we are taking Rylie with us. We want her to see how important this is to both of us. We want her to see Freedom in Action. If the line is long? Around the block? We will wait and we will vote! I better make sure to bring some things for Rylie to keep her occupied for a bit. And some mittens for both us in case it's cold.

I hope you embrace your freedom today and exercise your right to vote. Whether you are voting for the same candidate as I, or not. Preferably the same fella, lol, but if not...thats your right and I respect that.

Have a beautiful Election Day!
Jill Marie

4 comments:

Steph at Problem Solvin' Mom said...

Thanks for the tip on sharpening blades with ice, I will definitely try that! I use a baking soda/vinegar rinse to keep things deodorized in the sink/disposal...and you're so right, citrus rinds are great for adding a nice scent!

My sweet daughter has been sick this week, so we will be going together to vote...if the lines are long, things might get interesting. :)

Sugar said...

great tips as always.
already voted. :)
huggies...

Bill said...

Thanks for the tips. I'm going to tell Libby about them. I like the lemon idea. I know what you mean about voting excuses. I wish everone would just GROW UP!!
Thanks.
Regards, Bill.

Martha said...

It was the opposite with my daughter! She's 20 and when I asked her if she was registered I thought she would come through the phone she was so mad - she reminded me that she had registered as soon as she turned 18! Ooops!