Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Cleaning Tip--How To Get Rid Of Roaches

Well, I've never had a problem with roaches (((knock wood))) and I hope I never do. However, here is a tip I found for getting rid of the pesky lil' boogers.

Roach Problem: Combine equal parts boric acid (a powder sold in hardware stores and drugstores) and sugar, mix well. Sprinkle in crevices and, if building or remodeling, between walls before putting up plaster board. Put the powder in jar lids; place lids behind the fridge and under sinks. CAUTION: Keep mixture away from children and pets. If ingested in large quantities, or even in small amounts over several days, boric acid can be harmful.

I read that and thought "there has got to be more information than just that". So I went online and found a great article on WikiHow, Get Rid of Roaches. The article gives several more options on ways to get rid of roaches and how to keep them away. There is even a chemical free way to kill the roaches, although it will not get the ones you don't see.

Have a great day!
Hugs!
Jill Marie

No comments: