Monday, March 9, 2009

My favorite sandwich recipe

I loooove reubn sandwiches. Mmm, they are the best. I used to make them and wrap them in foil and bake in the oven. But this recipe calls for grilling it on the stove. I'll have to try that, sounds a bit easier than my way. Oh, and I found the other recipe at the Pillsbury website, it looks pretty yummy too.

Traditional Reuben Sandwich
Preparation time: 10 minutes if ingredients are ready and at hand. Makes one sandwich.
Ingredients:
2 slices of Rye bread
2 tablespoons Thousand Island dressing (or to taste)
Corned beef (5-6 ounces, thin sliced)
1/3 cup Sauerkraut
Swiss cheese (2 slices of quality cheese)
Butter at room temperature

Spread 2 slices of rye bread lightly with Thousand Island dressing
Top one slice with a slice of Swiss cheese
Put a layer of sauerkraut over the cheese, then top with sliced corned beef and then a slice of Swiss cheese
Top with the second slice of rye bread, dressing side down
Butter the rye bread on the outside with soft butter and grill the sandwich in a skillet until both sides are golden brown and the cheese is melted
Remove from skillet, cut sandwich in half and serve

Easy Reuben Sandwich Slices
INGREDIENTS
2 cans (8 oz each) Pillsbury® Crescent Recipe Creations™ refrigerated flaky dough sheet
2 tablespoons Thousand Island dressing
4 oz thinly sliced deli corned beef
4 slices (1 oz each) Swiss cheese
1 cup sauerkraut with caraway seed, well drained (from 14-oz can)
1 tablespoon horseradish mustard
1 egg, beaten
2 teaspoons sesame seed

DIRECTIONS
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Unroll 1 can of dough onto large ungreased cookie sheet. Spread Thousand Island dressing on dough to within 1/2 inch of edges. Top with corned beef, Swiss cheese and sauerkraut.
2. Unroll remaining can of dough on work surface. Spread mustard to within 1/2 inch of edges. Place mustard side down on sauerkraut. Press edges with fork to seal. Brush with egg. Sprinkle with sesame seed.
3. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cut into slices to serve.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change.

I can't wait! Just nine more days until we leave to see David! YIPPEEEEEE!!!
I've already started packing...is that weird? Well, I've got lots to do this week but I'll be back. I'm not sure that I'll be posting at all next week...maybe a quickie on Monday. But then I'll be back the following week for sure.
Have a wonderful new week!
Hugs!
Jill Marie

No comments: