Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Tip for unsticking photographs

Here's a quickie before I get going.

I'm sure we've all done it. Found some old photographs that have become stuck to each other, and of course, at least one of them is the front of the photo. So you try to ever so gently peel them apart and rip the face off of ole uncle Bob and your left with a white patch where his face used to be.

Try the hair dryer. Use it to slowly heat the sticky up and then ever so gently try to peel them apart. I can't guarantee it will work, but it is definitely worth a try. Good Luck.

Well, I have lots to do, so have a great week and I'll see you next week.
Hugs!
Jill Marie

2 comments:

Rebecca Anne said...

I inherited a bunch of pictures from my Grandmother who passed away last year and I can't tell you how many are stuck together. I'll give this a go and see if I can spare Uncle Bobs face!
I hope you're having a great weekend.
Rebecca

Jassinc6 said...

Here's another trick (just tried it again this morning and it worked). Put the stuck together photos flat in the freezer for about an hour. Take them out and start peeling REAL slowly, if you get resistance stop and put them back in the freezer. I just successfully separated 4 photos this way and lost none of the image on any of them. Hope this helps someone else too. Hugs.