Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Cleaning tip--pet stains on carpet

If you have one of those little dogs that get easily excited and tend to tinkle on the carpets, this cleaning tip will come in handy for you.

Pet Urine on Carpet:
First, blot up what you can with paper towels. Then, with warm, soapy water and a clean cloth, blot the area clean; rinse with clean water; blot until dry. Next, combine 1/3 cup white vinegar with 2/3 cup water and dab it on stain; rinse with clean water; blot until dry. Once the area is totally dry (at least 24 hours), sprinkle entire carpet with baking soda or rug deodorizer; vacuum after a few hours.

Lucky me, I'm allergic to cats and dogs, lol. It's weird because we had a dog the entire time I was growing up and my allergies didn't develop until I started having kids. Now I can't even go into a house with a cat or my eyes start to swell and it looks like someone beat the crap out of me.

Just eight more days until we leave...YEA! I started packing yesterday. Hey, a gal has to get a head start on these things. I've got to pack for both myself and Rylie and double check Ray's packing. =)

Have a great day!
Hugs!
Jill Marie

5 comments:

*Tracy* said...

thanks for the tips! i hope you enjoy your trip to seeing your son. hugs

dog stain removal said...

I have been looking for a remedy to get rid of pet stains! I will definitely have to try this one out. Thanks for the tip :)

Jill Marie said...

Hey ya'll, I recently learned, via my sister (in-law), that disaster cleaning crews use Lemon scented ammonia to clean up pet stains. It is also supposed to be good at deterring pets from tinkling at the same spot again.
When my sis (in-law) moved into her new home it stank of cat urine. She used the Lemon ammonia and it worked really great.
Hope everyone is having a great summer!

domestic cleaning south west london said...

The choice of suitable filter is important, both for cleaning every day or occasionally. Always make sure the company will provide carpet cleaners who are professional, experienced and careful when in your home. Some companies offer a comprehensive cleaning appointment is always aware of it and it is important to have everything in writing, including a money back guarantee if the services are not expected.

wheaseth said...

y7h76k1t40 y9h77v1h07 l1k67f2t55 f0k68y0b23 b8f02i4h04 w9w39s4h37