Monday, March 16, 2009

Dessert Recipe

Good morning! I had gotten this recipe a few weeks ago and kept forgetting to post it. Of course, now I forget where I found this one but nevermind, it sounds really yummy. Mom used to make apple crisp and it was so good, I hope this comes close to hers.

French Apple Dessert

Streusel Topping
1 cup Original Bisquick® mix
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
3 tablespoons firm butter or margarine

Filling
6 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples (4 to 6 medium)
1 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup Original Bisquick® mix
3/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 eggs

Topping
Ice cream or whipped cream, if desired

1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with shortening or cooking spray. In small bowl, mix 1 cup Bisquick mix, the nuts and brown sugar. Cut in 3 tablespoons firm butter with fork or pastry blender until mixture is crumbly; set aside.
2. Spread apples in baking dish. In medium bowl, stir remaining filling ingredients until blended. Pour over apples. Sprinkle with topping.
3. Bake about 55 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean; cool slightly, about 30 minutes. Serve warm if desired with ice cream.

High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Heat oven to 375°F. Use 5 cups thinly sliced apples. Decrease 3/4 cup Bisquick mix in filling to 1/2 cup.

Try these favorite varieties of apples for baked pies and desserts: Empire, Regent and Spartan.
Serve this yummy apple dessert with scoops of frosty cinnamon ice cream!

Okay, I have the portable DVD player and some movies for Rylie ready to go. I made a "road trip" CD with some fun (and favorite) songs. I have my camera and video recorder batteries chargin up as I speak (write). I've got Rylies bag and mine mostly packed. I also keep removing the un-necessary items that she keeps putting in, such as a tiara, etc. Yeah, leave it to my child to want to wear her princess tiara to her brothers AIT graduation. I don't even want to know why she packed her little dance leotard with the skirt on it.

I've printed out directions from our house to the hotel and from the hotel to the Army base. I have no idea where our Atlas is. We haven't used it in 6 years and who knows where it could be. Probably in one of the old cars we've gotten rid of.

Today I have to run some errands and pick up last minute things and some lunck meat. I also have to thoroughly clean the house. I hate coming home to a mess, ugh. I want to get all the laundry done before we leave because we'll be coming home with a weeks worth of dirty clothes that I'll have to wash.

What else? Oh, I know there is plenty that I am forgetting. There's always something.

Well, I've got plenty to do so I better get moving.
Have a beautiful week.
Hugs!
Jill Marie

1 comment:

*Tracy* said...

have a safe trip! hugs